|Manufacturer: Aerospatiale/ British Aerospace (BAe)
||Country of Origin: France/UK
The world's only supersonic airliner, Concorde operates daily between
Paris & London to the USA, carrying 128 passengers at a speed of
over 1300mph over a maximum range of 3915 miles (6300km).
It first began service in 1976 after a long development & building
period with British Airways & Air France. 18 Concordes were built
of which 14 went into service. With its unique appearance, its long
ogive shaped wing & sleek body & drop down nose for landing
& ground handling, few can help to admire the beauty of this legendary
aircraft nor mistake it for any other.
Upgrade programs are current to keep them in service until 2014, by
which time the United States hope to have (perhaps Boeing) home manufactured
supersonic aircraft in operation.
Meanwhile this aircraft has already achieved the status as an all time
milestone in aviation development.
- Scale: 84 ft 09 ins(25.56 m)
- Length: 204 ft 6 ins (62.19 m)
- Height: 37 ft 24 ins (11.32 m)
- Surface : 3,856 sq ft
- Interior width of the
cabin: 8 ft 63 ins (2.63 m)
- Fuselage width : 9 ft 48 ins (2.88 m)
- Engines : 4 Rolls Royces-S.N.E.C.M.A. ' Olympus
- Thrust : each engine 38, 000 lbs (170 KN) thrust
- Maximum take-off weight (MTOW) : 186 tons (408,000
- Maximum weight on landing: 111 tons
- Capacity while carburizing: 96 tons.
- Fuel consumption: 22.6 tonnes/h of flight
- Range (with maximum mass on takeoff and
full complete carburizing): 3740 miles
- Cruising speed: 1 336 mph (Mach 2,02)
- Altitude of cruising : 18.288 m - 11,364 miles (19.202
m max - 11,982 miles)
(NOTE : 1,5 english = 1.5 US - 1,5*2=3)
- Length tracks (on takeoff): 2.2 miles (with maximum
- Length tracks (with the landing): 1.3 miles (with
- Takeoff speed : 201 mph (324 km/h)
- Landing speed : 187 mph (300 km/h)
- Seating : 100 x 2:2 with a 37 ins (94 cm) pitch
- Compartments volume : 63.8 feet3
- Crew : three technical flying personnel (commander,
pilot officer, engineer officer), six commercial flying personnel
(three hostesses, two stewards and a chief of cabin, man or woman).
Duration of journey compared;
Flight Concorde and subsonic flight on Paris-New
Concorde: 3 hours 45 in each direction;
Boeing 747: 7 hours. 55 h Paris-New York
Boeing 747: 7 hoursh New York-Paris.
Price of the ticket: (1999)
Full fare on AF JFK-CDG is $3392.00 OW, $6784.00 RT.
There is at least one discounted fare at $5936.00 RT.
Full fare on BA JFK-LHR is $4689.00 OW, $9378.00 RT.
There is at least one discounted fare at $7877.00 RT.
OW = One Way, RT = Round Trip.