2.02Mb (270 downloads)
RAF High Ercall is a former Royal Air Force station situated near the village of High Ercall, seven miles north-east of Shrewsbury. It was a post expansion station with work starting in 1938, however, personnel started arriving before it was fully finished in 1940. The unit had a variety of permanent buildings mainly located on the main unit site and the temporary accommodation and sick quarters were located on the south of the airfield. The station closed for good in February 1962.
Posted Dec 14, 2015 12:42 by Terry Boissel
0.01Mb (191 downloads)
RAF Kelstern is a former Royal Air Force station located 3.6 miles (5.8 km) south east of Binbrook, Lincolnshire and 4.9 miles (7.9 km) north west of Louth, Opening for business in late September of 1943 the first Sqn to be based at the station was actually formed there (No 625) and became operational in mid October 1943 and was undertaking their first operational tour with 9 Lancasters bombing Hanover afew nights later. As with many RAF Stations, of the era, RAF Kelstern was placed on care and maintenance and finally closed in August 1946. The Station was sold off to various farmers during the 60s with very little left to show of an active airfield. Souce: Wikipedia
Posted Dec 13, 2015 16:40 by Terry Boissel
1.47Mb (273 downloads)
RAF Hooton Park, on the Wirral Peninsula, Cheshire, was a Royal Air Force station originally built for the Royal Flying Corps in 1917 as a training aerodrome for pilots in World War I. During the early/mid-1930s, it was one of the two airfields (with Liverpool Speke) handling scheduled services for the Merseyside region. Hooton Park was home to No. 610 (County of Chester) Squadron and, post World War II, to No. 611 (West Lancashire) and No. 663 (AOP) Squadron. The airfield closed in 1957 after the disbandment of the Royal Auxiliary Air Force, but the three pairs of Belfast Truss hangars erected in 1917 survived the closure. The site was bought by Vauxhall Motors, who built their Vauxhall Ellesmere Port plant there, which today produces the Vauxhall Astra. A small remaining section of the airfield site is now owned and managed by The Hooton Park Trust. The hangars are also home to The Griffin Trust and an aircraft preservation society named The Aeroplane Collection. Another part of the old airfield, including a length of the old paved runway, perimeter track and the apron used to park Meteor jet fighters, remains in the ownership of The Naylor Trust. A Second World War B1 hangar is also on this site.
Posted Dec 13, 2015 04:05 by Terry Boissel
0.02Mb (205 downloads)
RAF Ludford Magna was a Royal Air Force airfield operated by Bomber Command during the Second World War and the Cold War. The station lay on agricultural farmland immediately south of the village of Ludford, Lincolnshire and was sited 21.4miles (34.4 km) north east of the county town of Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England. The remains of the station can be seen from the B1225 Caistor High Street, and the long distance footpath the Viking Way passes right next to the eastern perimeter track. Used for Avro Lancaster bomber operations in the latter part of the Second World War the station was placed on care and maintenance until the mid-1950s when it was reactivated as a Cold War base for Thor intermediate range ballistic nuclear missiles (IRBMs). The station closed in the early part of the 1960s and has been mostly dismantled and returned to agricultural uses Souce: Wikipedia
Posted Dec 12, 2015 18:52 by Terry Boissel
0.02Mb (212 downloads)
Station Timeline Squadron Notes October 1943 Station opened. November 1943 No.106 Sqn Operating the Avro Lancaster. The squadron disbanded at the station on the 18th February 1946. September 1944 No.1690 BDT Operating the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Miles Martinet. The Bomber Defence Training Flight left Metheringham on the 4th June 1945. June 1945 No.467 (RAAF) Sqn Operating the Avro Lancaster. The squadron disbanded at the station on the 30th September 1945. October 1945 No.189 Sqn Operating the Avro Lancaster. The squadron disbanded on the 20th November 1945. March 1946 Station ceased flying and put on Care and Maintenance. March 1946 No.93 MU The Maintenance Unit left Metheringham in December 1950. 1951 RAF Metheringham closed. 1961-2 The airfield is sold-off
Posted Dec 12, 2015 18:50 by Terry Boissel
4.31Mb (270 downloads)
Avnoe Airbase on the southcoast of sealand was the home for Royal Danish Airforce flightschool founded in 1931 until the airbase were closed in 1993 and flightschool moved to EKKA Karup Airbase in jutland, where it still are. This scenery covers the entire airbase area, some vegetation, animated windsock, animated gate (made of Bob Lacy), an animated flagpole made (of Dietmar Loleit), who also helped me with designing the airport sign outside the gate and warning signs on the fence around the airbase. The scenery are made for FSX (DVD and Steam version). Have tested it in P3D and it works there too, however some objects is missing,(the auto-gate and some signs and lights)
Posted Dec 11, 2015 06:52 by Otto R. Knudsen
19.75Mb (1449 downloads)
Goa International Airport, more commonly known as Dabolim Airport, is an international airport located in the city of Dabolim in Goa, India. It is the only airport in the state and operates as a civil enclave in a military airbase named INS Hansa. It is 4 km from the nearest city Vasco da Gama, 23 km from the South Goa district headquarters of Margao, and 30 km from the capital city Panjim. Terminal 1 - Domestic Less than a dozen airlines compete in the domestic market. There are 132 airports in India which can be categorised in sometimes overlapping ways into public sector, private sector, civil enclaves, international, metro, and non-metro. Goa is connected to all six main cities in India: Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai & Kolkata. There are multiple flights to Mumbai per day, operated by over 5 airlines. The first Goa - Mumbai domestic flight leaves at around 0700 in the morning and the last flight leaves at around 2350. Terminal 2 - International. There are two versions for Goa International airport included in this package. One with the old ICAO code and then the other with the new ICAO code. The new coded airport scenery has no AI traffic. - If you decide to use the VOGO scenery then, you will have to activate the dummy VAGO files as well. - It is important to set the display scenery mesh resolution to at least 19m and the texture resolution to at least 60m. Failing to do so may result in unwanted terrain abnormalities. -Alternate boundary texture to be used at your own risk. Only use if you know what you are doing. This scenery was created with ADE9X, SbuilderX313, Gimp2.1, XML Marker, DXTBmp.
Posted Dec 11, 2015 02:14 by Ratan Lewis
0.02Mb (190 downloads)
Work started at RAF Manby in the mid thirties as part of the RAF Expansion scheme, however, it was not a typical station of the time in so much as it only supported two grass runways. This did not detract from it contribution to the war effort however. Opening in 1938 the unit will be remembered by many as a training station for armament officers, armourers swell as aircrew such as air gunners and bomb aimers. The station continued with its training role until its closure in 1974.
Posted Dec 10, 2015 18:54 by Terry Boissel
0.03Mb (234 downloads)
RAF Melbourne was a Royal Air Force station typical of the expansion period of the Second World War. Located 5 miles to the South-west of Pocklington, Yorkshire, England. The nearest village is Seaton Ross. East Common just outside the village of Seaton Ross was requisitioned for use as a grass airfield in November 1940. In late 1940 the airfield was used by Armstrong Whitworth Whitleys of 10 Squadron as a relief landing ground for RAF Leeming. The airfield soon closed for re-development as a standard Bomber Command airfield with three concrete runways and three hangars. The first user of the re-built airfield was again 10 Squadron but by this time operating the Handley Page Halifax four-engined heavy bomber, little time was wasted before the aircraft were used on operational sorties from Melbourne. The squadron continued with operation until March 1945 and lost 109 aircraft on operations. Melbourne was unusually equipped with FIDO fog dispersant system. This made the airfield popular diversion airfield for other squadrons returning from operations to Yorkshire. In May 1945 the airfield was transferred to RAF Transport Command and 575 Squadron moved in with the Douglas Dakota. The squadron only stayed for a few months operating transport flight to and from continental Europe. With the departure of the Dakota a number of specialised Flights used the airfield for six months but by the middle of 1946 the airfield was no longer used for flying. Source: Wikipedia
Posted Dec 9, 2015 20:57 by Terry Boissel